Question with 10 notes
smeagolsandmeeps asked: Has your mom seen the new episode yet? I can't wait for her commentary
Alas, she has been traveling. I don’t think she’ll see it until next weekend.
Photo with 65 notes
If You’re Crushing On….Cersei Lannister
You like power as much as you like pretty, drunk and bitter women. You probably liked to get slapped sometimes. You also like to be verbally berated. You also are totally cool with having someone cheat on you, so long as they’re cheating on you with their relatives. Also, you love gold. Solid gold. Golden gold. Gold made out of other gold things. GOLD.
You’re also going to die.
[Photo Credit: HBO]
Hi! I wrote a fun and funny thing for VH1.com and the Best Week Ever blog called “What Does Your Game of Thrones Crush Say About You?”
This is just part one, so if I missed your fav, please don’t get mad. There are hopes and plans and dreams and machinations to do further installments…but you know, people have to read this one. ;)
(Also, my mom is working on getting her HBO hook up.)
Post with 37 notes
I decided to open Game of thrones. I was surprised to see the new comments. Yes I do watch the walking dead. I have it all figured out. In the finale we are going to find out it was all a dream. Rick is going to wake up from the coma. All the characters will have been patients or visitors etc. Carl is reading a comic about Zombies. The tension between Shane and his wife is a result of Rick hearing them talking. He knows Shane is putting the moves on his wife. That’s why he killed him. He is getting close to waking up that is why he hears voices on the telephone. Oh well I don’t think you are into the dead so all this probable doesn’t mean anything.
I recently saw a movie on the TV that showed Cairan Hinds in a period role and in walks Purefoy?? I don’t remember what movie it was. All I could think was OK now we have Caesar in the role of Mance Rayder and Brutus as Cat’s brother when oh when will we get Marc Antony!!!!
Edited to omit questions she posed to me about Lee Pace’s role in Lincoln and a driving manual she sent me.
Question with 20 notes
brendolinifraserchini asked: How much does your mom really like the Game of Thrones and would she consider watching The Walking Dead?
My mom is so obsessed with Game of Thrones that she blocks off weekends to rewatch her DVDs. My mom is so obsessed with Game of Thrones that the only gift she’s wanted for Christmas the past two years has been the season DVDs, which meant she has happily not opened anything on Christmas morning save for stocking stuffers from me and then gotten sweet present satisfaction when the DVDs I pre-ordered finally arrive on her doorstep.
SHE LOVES THE WALKING DEAD.
Winter is coming
I saw this on my dashboard and thought I would share it with all of you lovely people and that I would take some time to address various messages and questions I’ve received recently.
1) Thank you for your nice notes and such. They are a pleasure to receive. I love my mom, too.
2) I will let my mom know how eager you are to hear more when I see her over the holidays—especially since she isn’t so eager to keep going with this for Season 3. She’s strongly of the Seinfeld philosophy, where you go out on top, and don’t beat an amusing horse to death, because beating amusing horses to death makes them horrifying and no longer amusing.
That said, I think I can guilt her into maybe one or two posts per week in the spring. We shall see…
3) I DO NOT OWN ANY OTHER GAME OF THRONES RELATED URLS. Please stop asking me to give you the LyannaStark or the Stark-Lyanna or the LyannaSnow URL. It’s not mine. It was never mine. You’ll just have to think of something else and learn to live with it. I mean, if Daenerys can learn to live without her full khalasar, you can deal with a different tumblr user name. Maybe that’s harsh, but fire and blood, dude. Fire and blood.
4) Thanks so much for sending me links to your Game of Thrones related projects you want me to promote, but I have to decline—across the board. I just think that’s the most fair thing to do rather than pick and choose projects to promote because I couldn’t promote everyone’s joke twitter account or radical new video game or fansite without leaving someone out. I mean, I don’t even promote my joke twitter account on here. (Psst…I write @StarkBunny.) I mean, I only promote my own joke twitter accounts on here.
5) Winter is coming so make sure you have warm socks and shoes for your feet. My mom would not like to hear about anyone getting frostbite.
Thanks so much for following! Happy “Winter is coming!” time of year!
My mom’s theories and things:
“So, I was watching a marathon of the Game of Thrones and I saw something in the first episode! You know how the Wildings are all attacked? Well, at point, uh, the camera moves or pans up or whatever and you see the bodies are all arranged in a symbol.
I think…I think it means something.”
Question with 9 notes
eyelinerperandareinguerra asked: I miss your mother's reactions about Games of throne and I'm waiting the 3' series also for your posts
Thank you! I miss her, too. She’s currently on a Baltic river cruise or a cruise of the Baltic sea or something and can’t be reached. I do know she’s mad there won’t be another season until next year.
I just called my mom to tell her the news that our beloved Brutus is going to be in Game of Thrones. Can’t wait to hear her reaction!!!
Tobias Menzies as Edmure Tully.
Menzies is best known for playing Brutus on the HBO series “Rome.”
Question with 1 note
survivinginthe-now asked: is your mum going to say anything else about the season finale?
Oh, right…she had more to say. I’ll try to remember what it was.
Page 2 of 33